PLEASE NOTE: Add your own commentary here above the horizontal line, but do not make any changes below the line. (Of course, you should also delete this text before you publish this post.)
by Guardian.co.uk” width=”140″ height=”45″ />This article titled “Readers’ travel photography competition: December – send us your pictures” was written by , for theguardian.com on Wednesday 30th November 2016 12.16 UTC
Please note: this month’s competition closes at 11pm GMT on 16 December
Taken any good travel photographs recently? Whether at home or abroad, we want to see your best shot.
We’ll choose and publish a selection of our favourites, and the winning image will be mounted and displayed to the public with the other monthly winners in an end-of-year exhibition at the Guardian offices in London. Plus digital printersPoint 101 will send you a copy of your winning shot to hang on your own wall.
The winner will be entered for the overall prize, a seven-night Secret Fjords self-drive holiday to Iceland for two people, courtesy of Discover the World.
Please read this before you post your image:
• You must be a UK resident to enter
• You must upload the highest possible resolution of your shot via GuardianWitness.
• We’ll only consider one photograph from each person, so don’t submit more than one.
• We can’t consider photos that have been published elsewhere.
• You’ll also need to provide a caption of up to 50 words on where it was taken, what’s happening in the shot, what inspired you to take it. You must also supply your full name with the caption.
The closing date for entries is 11pm GMT on 16 December.
GuardianWitness is the home of user-generated content on the Guardian. Contribute your video, pictures and stories, and browse news, reviews and creations submitted by others. Posts will be reviewed prior to publication on GuardianWitness, and the best pieces will feature on the Guardian site.
guardian.co.uk © Guardian News & Media Limited 2010